With coronavirus containment and response a top priority, United Personnel has compiled a list of resources for people during this time.
- If you’re ill, call your doctor's office, emergency department, or urgent care if you have a fever and respiratory symptoms and are concerned about possible exposure to COVID-19. Health care providers request that you call before you go to a medical facility, as they are very busy with patient seeking care during this pandemic. As always, if you are experiencing life-threatening symptoms, call 911 and seek emergency care immediately.
- United Way Helpline: Dial 211. Every day thousands of people across North America turn to 211 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health or disaster-related. 211 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people of all ages and from all communities to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- FoodSource Hotline: Dial (800) 645-8333 to find food resources in your community. (M-F, 8 AM – 7 PM, Sat., 10 AM-2PM)
- Baystate Health COVID-19 Webpage, updated frequently: https://www.baystatehealth.org/covid19
- Local health systems:
- Baystate Health System (multiple locations): (413) 794-0000
- Cooley Dickinson, Northampton: (413) 582-2000
- Mercy Medical Center, Springfield: (413) 748-9000
- Hartford Hospital, Hartford: (860) 545-5000
- Lowell General: (978) 937-6000
- The Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus Site: CDC page
- Tips for Anxiety and Stress Management https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
- World Health Organization (available in multiple languages): Who COVID-19 and FAQs page. Please note that WHO webpages also are available in Spanish, French, and other languages.
- Updates are also being provided on the Massachusetts government website:
- Unemployment Information: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/massachusetts-covid-19-unemployment-information
- Employee Rights: https://www.mass.gov/guides/resources-during-covid-19#-your-rights-as-an-employee-
- Resource information provided by American Staffing Association: https://americanstaffing.net/coronavirus/
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- The Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus Site: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers & COVID-19 Safety Posters from the CDC (FREE Download)
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Employer Guide: https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/coronavirus
- DOL Information on Corona Virus and Fair Labor Standards: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/flsa/pandemic
- Massachusetts Government Website:
- Workshare Options for Employers: https://www.mass.gov/workshare-for-employers
- Essential Services FAQs: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-essential-services-faqs
- Employers Association of the NorthEast:
- Unemployment Options: Unemployment Options Concerning COVID-19
- Implementing Remote Work: https://www.eane.org/implement-remote-work/